It's never easy to go to a church for the first time, so we want to make it as easy as possible for you to know what to expect.
Below you will see what a typical Sunday might look like. If you have more questions about Danville Friends Church, read more on the About Us page.
Our main Worship service begins on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m.
We also offer Sunday school classes at 9:30 a.m. for all ages.
We have a nursery and Children's Church.
Where Are You Located?
Danville Friends Church is located across the street from the Hendricks Country Fairgrounds at 45 N CR 200 E, Danville, IN 46122.
How Should I Dress
Casual dress is acceptable. We certainly want you to feel comfortable. Please remove hats in the sanctuary. Thank you.
During the Service
Each service may be slightly different, however, we try to always:
- Begin with the reading of a Quaker Query to promote individual faithfulness to Jesus Christ and follow this with praise songs.
- Kids come forward to sing before sitting with Pastor Greg Albert on the stage for the children's sermon.
- We then take up our offering. If you are a guest, please do not feel any pressure to give. This is an act of worship.
- We share joys, concerns and announcements
- Pastor Greg gives the intercession prayer.
- We sing hymn and have scripture reading.
- Pastor Greg delivers the message.
- Closing hymn and prayer.
During the worship service, we offer childcare for infants to 4-year-olds.
Children age 4 to 6th grade are dismissed from the worship service, following the intercessory prayer, to go to their own worship time. This time includes a Bible lesson, music and crafts.
After the Service
As a guest, you will be encouraged to sign an attendance pad in your pew. We would ask that you provide an address, phone number or e-mail address as this helps us to stay in communication with you.
If you are currently without a church home, we invite you to join us during our next service at Danville Friends Church. Thank you for joining us!